Spo Agreement

This guide provides an overview of the most common types of agreements between the university and external organizations. An agreement on the use of research data (AEA) governs the access and processing of data provided by an organization outside UC Berkeley for use in UC Berkeley research. The data may be unstructured or structured, but is not accompanied by a licensing agreement. The Industry Alliances Office verifies and executes the DUA. A cooperation agreement is used when the purpose of the agreement is similar to that of a grant, but significant participation or coordination by the funding agency is expected during the project. Unlike funds that are governed by agreements, gifts are granted irrevocably and without contractual terms (“no sons”). University development and alumni relations accept, on behalf of the Regents, funds granted by an outside agency, institution or individual in the form of a gift or gift. A contract is used when the main purpose of the agreement is to provide tangible results or other “deliverable” objects or to provide a mandatory service for direct assistance or for the use of the financing agency. The payment depends on the benefit. A University Transaction (IUT) is the mechanism for awarding a Department of Energy laboratory managed by the University of California to allocate research funds to a UC campus. The IUT is governed by the guidelines of a master memory agreement.

A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) is an agreement that sets consensus expectations between two (or more) companies to cooperate on a project without exchange of funds. Agreements have many forms and can be cited by other titles, for example. B Memorandum of Understanding. Agreements may have the same obligations as contracts, so lead investigators should not enter into such agreements without prior verification by the relevant head office. Researchers often collaborate on research or share research tools with other scientists or institutions without obtaining funding. For many unfunded cooperations, a written agreement is beneficial or necessary. Unfunded agreements define the expectations, conditions and requirements for protecting the interests of participating investigators and organizations. Such agreements may include the use of university property and space, faculty time, students, protocol on human and animal subjects, which must be approved by university officials and compliance committees. Non-industry-funded agreements often contain restrictive language that may conflict with fundamental academic and intellectual property rights and other conditions that need to be negotiated. Most agreements set specific requirements for the transfer of funds or other aid from one institution to another; Other types of agreements do not include financial support.

The types of contracts listed here are verified, negotiated and approved by the Sponsored Projects Office on behalf of the Regents of the University of California, unless otherwise stated. A team agreement is used when two or more parties wish to cooperate in the development of a proposal in response to an appeal. All parties agree in advance on how they cooperate and that they will work together when the award is awarded. Sometimes the employer requires an agreement from a guest fellow or other industrial visitor to the campus. The Visitor Agreement sets out the conditions for their participation in on-campus research and often addresses issues such as intellectual property rights. A grant is a type of financial or other assistance given to an organization for research or other program, as indicated in an approved proposal. A grant is used if the proponent does not expect a significant participation in the implementation of the project. Subsidies are the most widely used type of sponsored agreement. A collaborative sub-ceremony of subcontracting is placed under the control and conditions of attribution (